Sunday, January 12, 2014

SHAKE IT OFF!

I made a post on Facebook today, as I was led in spirit to do, that talked about shaking it off. I mentioned how I would say that to my children when they would hurt themselves. If they fell off of their bike and got scraped, yes obviously I would kiss and hug them, as well as dress their wounds, but outside of that, there was simply no room for prolonged suffering. "Ok, now shake it off." I would say to them, and I would watch them literally shake their body and wipe the tears away.

This, my friends, is the same advice that I would like to give to you today. Listen, I completely understand suffering and pain. I understand heartache and heart break. I get depression, stress, anxiety and fear. However, I also fully understand healing and the freedom and power it brings. I float freely on the cloud provided by the power of forgiveness and the release of liability from the pain others have tried to inflict. I have realized a renewed mind and spirit since "shaking it off". I recognize how dispelling fear, releasing anger and anxiety, removing people and things that serve to block your blessings, and how letting go of strongholds and binding addictions will open up new windows and doors of opportunity. I know firsthand how these things will help you begin to view yourself in a different light, and how you will start to feel a new love of self - one that had eluded you for so long.

A different perspective

These are things that I have personally experienced, not just something I've heard. Once I realized my own worth, and decided that greatness is what I wanted to achieve, I had to figure out how to get there. For me that took shaking off everything holding me back - including me, the way I was at the time. I had to discover that, despite my past aggressions and decisions, I deserved happiness, I deserved success and most certainly I deserved to be great! So do you! If you don't recognize your own worth, I can promise you that no one else will either; and on the off chance that someone does, your self-doubt will quickly cause them to lose sight of it. You know the old saying, and I may be paraphrasing:

"You must love yourself first before you can give or receive love from others"

It's really just that simple. Figure out who you are and where you want to go, and take the necessary steps to get there. For some it may take therapy, church, writing a book, going on a retreat - or some combination thereof. Whatever it takes is exactly what you need to do. Merely existing should not be an option because we only get one spin on this Ferris wheel called life. It is time to start living and living with purpose. The only way to start doing that effectively is to SHAKE IT OFF!

No comments:

Post a Comment