Monday, April 8, 2013

Today, I decided...

Earlier this afternoon, I was driving on the highway and literally caught myself thinking so intensely that I wasn't even focused on where I was going. I realized, during that time of absence from the road, that my mindset was still messed up a bit. By that I mean that my thinking, about success especially, was still very limited. I was continuing to stand in my own way, even as I grow in the world of speaking engagements, novels written, etc..., I am still the one blocking me. I figured out, during this drive, that I still got nervous about wanting fame and attention. I've heard so many people equate those things to being selfish and self-centered, and I certainly didn't want to be perceived in that way. HA! Then it dawned on me...small minds can't handle big dreams! And I don't say that to put anyone down, just to say that I, too, was small-minded. I secretly desired to be recognized and known for my works, but I was too afraid to allow my mind to fully grasp that concept; for if I did, I would be looked upon as full of myself. It doesn't come much smaller-minded than that! (is that a word?)

Several years ago, I recall watching the film, "The Secret". I credit the secret, very heavily, for changing my views on life, the world, the universe, and my own mind. I started to realize, and truly understand that I had full control over my mind, my mouth, and what those things could bring into existence in my life...both good and bad. What I hadn't realized yet was that I only allowed it to work to a certain degree. I was apparently afraid of greatness, because with that came judgement. I wanted my powers to be used for good, so if they were perceived to be being used for the evil of selfishness, well...I just couldn't have that.
The Secret

Today, I decided to take the parameters off of my thinking; off of knowing what my God and my universe can and will supply for me. Today, I decided that, regardless of what people may perceive me to be, I desire greatness! Today, I decided that it's ok for me to want to be recognized and well-known for the things I do and accomplish because I work very hard to accomplish them. Today, I decided that I will no longer worry about the opinions of others, and even when I ask for feedback, it's simply for you to feel included...hoping that, perhaps one day, you too will embrace your greatness and demand that the universe align perfectly for you to achieve it!
What will you decide today?

No comments:

Post a Comment